Re: Bombono DVD

On 17/02/14 16:26, Go Linux wrote:

  Subject: Re: Bombono DVD
  To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
  Date: Monday, February 17, 2014, 6:46 AM

  On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 01:46:48PM
  -0600, yaro@marupa.net
  wrote:
  > On Sunday, February 16, 2014 06:24:10 PM LM--- wrote:
  > > Dear developers,
  > >
  > > I WANT BOMBONO DVD
  > > for the next Debian release
  > >
  > > ;-))
  > >
  > > It's simply working great here!
  > >
  > > ludo
  >
  > What is a "Bombono DVD?"

  Bombono DVD appears to be a DVD authoring program. It was
  ITP'd back in
  2012[1], but it appears that the DD never quite got around
  to packaging
  it.

A note on dvd authoring . . . Since dvdstyler didn't make it into the wheezy repos, I tried bombono.  bombono works but is not as feature-rich as dvdstyler.  UGH!  After a year of frustration and keeping on squeeze to solve the problem,  Steve Pusser over at Mepis put together a dvdstyler package for wheezy.  You can get it at the Mepis Community Repos.  I can now move to wheezy for video production!  Not even thinking about jessie yet.  I've had enough frustration for a while . . .
  Ludo, if you're interested, why not drop the developer a
  line and see if
  they want any help packaging the software?

  [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=690032

I know the repo is frowned upon by many, bombono-dvd is available for wheezy on the deb-multimedia site.

I haven't tried dvdstyler.

--
Dom