Re: Need to make sure I have the nvidia proprietary driver running.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 02:39:11PM +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> > Right, which one?
> > root@tal:~# apt-cache search bumblebee
> > bumblebee-nvidia - NVIDIA Optimus support using the proprietary NVIDIA
>
> Yes, this one.
>
> > root@tal:~# lsmod | grep video
> >

> Output:
>
> uvcvideo               57744  0
> videodev               70889  1 uvcvideo
> v4l2_compat_ioctl32    16655  1 videodev
> media                  18148  2 videodev,uvcvideo
> i2c_core               23876  6
> i2c_algo_bit,i2c_i801,videodev,drm_kms_helper,drm,i915
> video                  17683  1 i915

OK, thats the driver for the Intel graphics chip.

> root@Innovator:/home/neo1691# lspci -k | grep -C 3 VGA
[...]
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
> Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
>     Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 212e
>     Kernel driver in use: i915

Yep, see.

> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce
> GT 630M] (rev ff)

OK, it is being seen but not being used.

So you have an embedded Intel graphics in the motherboard *and* a
plugged in NVIDIA Corporation GF108 card?

A search on Google about disabling the onboard graphics brings up some
useful hits. Do the bumblebee docs help here?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X