Re: USB wireless network adaptor

I seem to have an issue as well and my cdn error

Scottrocc
roccVegas ent.Inc

On Feb 13, 2014, at 9:21 AM, "Manikandan M" <mani.mk1@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Selim. I'll try it and let you know.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Selim T. Erdogan <selim@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
Manikandan M,  8.02.2014:

> I'm having a HP laptop running wheezy. The built-in wireless adaptor wasn't
> working fine. So bought a Asus usb-n10 wireless adaptor. installed the
> drivers and it works fine.
> But once i shutdown or restart my laptop, its not working. The lsusb
> command shows the wireless adaptor, but the adaptor is not working (not
> getting detected in network manager in gnome). only way to make it work is
> to restart.
> Has anyone faced a similar situation and is there any fix for this issue.
> Thanks in advance.

You could try removing and reloading the relevant kernel module, which
might be r8712u, based on https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
So, try "modprobe -r r8712u && modprobe r8712u" as root.

I have to do this for a pci wifi adapter, when I start the laptop after
hibernation.  Actually, that reminds me: I also have a usb adapter which
occasionally has the problem you have, though caused by the built-in pci
adapter.  It might be related to them both being part of the rt2x00
driver family.  After waking up from hibernation, if the pci adapter
--- using rt2500pci --- was in use before, I have to either reload or
remove its module, to get the usb adapter --- using rt2800usb --- to work.
But if I've removed the rt2500pci module, then the rt2800usb module
will survive the hibernation.