Re: FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 06:13:51PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2014-02-12 06:12 +0100, Chris Bannister wrote:
>
> > I tried systemd - booted really fast, but it didn't honor any console
> > font settings I had. I groaned and reverted back realising, after seeing
> > quite a bit of discussion, that there was another setup to learn! In
> > this case the learning would be mandatory if I wanted to get my console
> > back the way I had it!
>
> I'm surprised to read this, since systemd's vconsole-setup has been
> disabled in the Debian package for three years.  Does the console-setup
> package not work for you under systemd?

I just did the "init=/lib/systemd/systemd" on the linux command line as
a oncer and noticed.

Now:
root@tal:~# ls -al /lib/systemd/
total 260
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root   4096 Jan 20 23:12 .
drwxr-xr-x 15 root root  12288 Dec 28 20:52 ..
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root  28672 Jan 26 22:08 system
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 210380 Jan  1 07:24 systemd-udevd
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   4096 Dec 28 20:59 system-sleep

So I must have uninstalled something, I'll try it again later, at
some stage, but I remember googling wondering how the console font
was configured, but then thought what else do I have worry about (access
to log info, etc) and decided that I'll look into it again later. :)

Does anyone knows who sells round tuits?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X