Re: [D-community-offtopic] FW: [CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian - Was: NSA into Debian distribution!

> [latinfo, are you subscribed to this list? If so we could stop CC'ing
> you]

No, i am not subscribed, but it is not a problem if you CC me. Thanks

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 03:50:33AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 17:55 -0800, latinfo@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
>> > Normally in Debian, users have a choice. It is why i am asking if some
>> > things have changed in Debian.
>>
>> Regarding to this nothing changed, you are free to become a packager and
>> to provide an alternative to systemd, by also maintaining all the
>> alternative packages, that might be needed, assumed there should be
>> conflicts for some packages, by your systemd alternative.

Obviously, you are one of regents of this Kingdom! Very smart Ralf, as
always!

> On the one hand it has been stated that systemd is only going to be the
> default init system and you are free to install which one you want
> whereas OTOH¹ there are developers who state that it will be too much
> work to package init scripts for every init system that Debian
> "supports"
>
> ¹ Means "On The Other hand" could get confusing if it is taken to mean
> "On The One hand" :)

Perfect, this is what i was in need to read!
Thanks so much Chris.