Re: [OT] kernel 3.14-rc2 for Testing

On 12/02/14 03:29, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>>> I was thinking the same thing. Why the rush to upgrade kernels anyway?
>>
>> Indeed.  Those needing cutting edge features should only get the source
>> from a known source such as kernel.org
>
> +1
>
>> and know how to build a custom kernel.
>
> That's easy to learn, even for newbies and compiling likely takes less
> than 2 hours on a modern machine.
>
>> This just looks to be ripe for something very bad to catch the
>> naive.

ripe?
over-ripe??

> I don't know phoronix

The kernel this guy, ed00m[*1.], is offering has *nothing* to do with
Phoronix *or* Debian. The references to Debian and Phoronix are
deliberately deceptive, especially in the context (posting the
announcement to this list). Hence my original warning.

[*1]
https://0.gravatar.com/avatar/af5b441de69df8c4647217c52a2056b4

<snipped>

Kind regards