Re: Cups / Samba: force print options / policy

On 2/10/2014 8:53 AM, Denny Fuchs wrote:
hi,

Am 10.02.2014 um 14:24 schrieb Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>:

But why is the printer available to them in the first place?  It should only be available through the document server.

first: it makes no difference. The document server _is_ in the printer (Aficio 5000) itself, it is a feature. You have the choice in the print driver, if you want to print directly, or only to the doc server, because you want to type in a PIN, before to get the job printed.

In our case: our students have 50 pages free per month, so the can print directly via pykota (which manages the quota).

cu denny

Which still doesn't answer my question.

There is nothing in Debian you can do to stop Windows users from accessing the printer directly if the printer is on the network.

Jerry