Re: Problem during installation

On 2/10/14, Mahesh Rajpurohit <maheshrajpurohit91@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir/Madam,
>                 I download Debian amd64 of 4.4G twice from two DVD images.

Once is enough.

> But it shows me BOOTMGR is missing when I make my pendrive bootable.

Which instructions or program are you using to create the pen drive?

How do you make it bootable?

> So please send me a link so that I can download directly from that link.

This is a small image, only 222MiB, which you can boot off, and do the
installation by downloading packages from Internet:

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-7.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso

But your DVD image is probably easier for you - give a GUI install
option, and does not require internet to install. You should make this
option work with no problem.

> they both are showing bootmgr is missing during bootable using pendrive

Perhaps you are not writing the image to the USB stick properly. How
are you trying to do this? I think you might be not making it bootable
properly...

Others will need to help you for next half day - I have to sleep now :)

Good luck
Zenaan