Re: network setup for xen on a laptop

For laptops you need two networks. A nat network and a host only network.

On Feb 7, 2014 5:51 AM, "Henning Follmann" <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:
Hello,
I just setup a laptop for development.
I usually have multiple XEN instances for development purposes. My previous
setup was a desktop with e static ethernet setup. that was fairly easy.
I had one iface br0 instance in my /etc/network/interfaces

With the laptop it is different. Most of the time I still use a ethernet
connection. Here I basically use the same setup. I have a br instance in my
interfaces.
I noticed however that the networkmanager (which I use for wifi) knocks
this out. After switching a wifi connection on and off again all the
settings the ethernet got through dhcp were overwritten.

So know I wonder if there is a "right" way to manage bridge setups for xen.
Is it best to keep everything in /etc/network/interfaces? WIFI too?
How to I bridge the wifi too?
And how do I deal in this case with different wifi locations?

I am open to any suggestions.

TIA
Henning

--