Re: PXE install, without internet?

Re-sending to list

On 04/02/14 16:51, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Sorry for revoking this thread so early.
> I installed like say 10 PCs simultaneously using apt-cacher-ng and PXE
> server. Afterwards when I started other PCs to install from network,
> they are refusing to identify the PXE server.
>
> I also tried replacing the tftp files again but no help.
>
> When I try to restart the tftp-hp service, I don't get the Ok prompt.
>
> root@server1:/home/neo1691# /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa restart
> [....] Restarting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpdroot@server1:/home/neo1691#

In case it's an issue with insufficient free dhcp leases, on the box
with the dhcp server try:-
(for isc-dhcp-server) cat /var/lib/dhcpd.leases and compare that against
the number available in your settings

also:-
service dhcpd restart

Then try booting the PXE clients again.

Also make sure it's not a general network problem (it happens). i.e. try
booting a live CD (or the installed OS) from a client and pinging the
PXE server.

> The above is exact output of the prompt.
>
> Here's is my networking configuration:
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo eth0
> iface lo inet loopback
> iface eth0 inet static
>     address 172.16.4.104
>     netmask 255.255.248.0
>     gateway 172.16.0.1
>
> and here's is my tftp configuration: /etc/default/tftpd-hpa
>
> TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"
> TFTP_DIRECTORY="/srv/tftp"
> TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
> TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure"
>
> Any idea where should I start debugging?

At the DHCP server (first)?

Please post:-
/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/default/dhcp3-server