Re: A persistent name for a sound device.

On 03/02/14 16:30, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 03/02/14 15:12, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>> I'm interested to make a persistent name for a sound device.
>> The output of "udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/... )" follows.
>> What exactly is meant by the last sentence of the introductory paragraph?
>> Must the first match occur in the first stanza of the info?
>
> No. (if you mean in the udev rule)

CORRECTION.  That should be, um, *yes* (all the values in the udev rule
must match for the action to occur)

[me thinks] Must the match occur in the first stanza info? The one on
the left.... hmmm, what's the matching order - left-to-right or
right-to-left. Unicode.... so probably one of those toroidial vortex
things. Goes one way in the Northern Hemisphere, and the other way? I
got it! Same way as people go around ovals... which is? Boolean?
http://s.mlkshk.com/r/54DT

<snipped>

Kind regards