Re: open-jdk

On 01/02/14 12:51 PM, Slavko wrote:
Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 1 Feb 2014 21:23:49 +0400 Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> napísal:

  Hi.

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:43:13 -0500
Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

When ever I update my Debian Sid installation and it involves
open-jdk I get this warning when it's being configured:

update-binfmts: warning: current package is openjdk-7, but binary
format already installed by openjdk-6

Is this something to be concerned about or is it just informative?

Well, if you happen to have a file with .jar extension, which has
executable bit set, and try to execute such file, it will be executed
with java from openjdk-6.
Whenever this will break something, or not, is up to you to decide.

One can select desired jexec-binfmt via udpate-alternatives, if there
are more choices. I have only one from openjdk-7-jre-headless package
on testing.

You can to have broken alternative here, or you have more choices and
old openjdk-6 is set.

regards

  Well after purging 6 I too have only one openjdk-7. Seems to have
solved the problem.. we'll see :)

Thanks