Re: open-jdk

 Hi.

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:43:13 -0500
Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

> When ever I update my Debian Sid installation and it involves open-jdk I
> get this warning when it's being configured:
>

> update-binfmts: warning: current package is openjdk-7, but binary format
> already installed by openjdk-6
>
> Is this something to be concerned about or is it just informative?

Well, if you happen to have a file with .jar extension, which has
executable bit set, and try to execute such file, it will be executed
with java from openjdk-6.
Whenever this will break something, or not, is up to you to decide.

> Why do I have two versions of open-jdk installed ?

Probably because some package had openjdk-6 as a dependency.
Try to remove openjdk-6, see what happens.

Reco