Re: Port 123 and ipv6

 Hi.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:39:37 +0800
lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry, I rebooted again after clearing something messy, here is the
> output with the new pid,
>
> # ps -eo pid,ppid,args | grep 2981
>
>  2981     1 dhclient -v -pf /run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf
> /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases eth0
>  6571  6560 grep --color=auto 2981
>
> # ps -eo pid,ppid,args | grep 2982
>  2982     1 dhclient -v -pf /run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf
> /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases eth0
>  6573  6560 grep --color=auto 2982
>
> they look the same, do they?

Yep. And that's bad. It means that ifupdown spawns dhclient, and
something else is doin' it too.

> ii  network-manager                   0.9.4.0-10            amd64
>           network management framework (daemon and userspace tools)

Aha. And this is that 'something else'. I don't use this abomination,
but [1] helpfully tell us:

Unmanaged devices means NetworkManager doesn't handle those network
devices. This occurs when two conditions are met:

The file /etc/network/interfaces contains anything about the interface,
even:

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

And /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf contains:

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=false