How well is wheezy supported by haswell platforms?

Hi,
I'm in the process of considering compute servers for a small HPC facility, and I would like to run Debian wheezy on them. Until recently I would have opted for Intel's Ivy Bridge based platforms, but with the advent of Haswell I'd like to consider that as an option. Searching the web reveals quite a few instances of people running into trouble with wheezy+Haswell, but many of those stories are now a few months old, so can I ask what the perceived situation currently is? Have most/all problems been ironed out, or would one need to backport a number of packages, and if so, which?
Thanks for any help,