Re: chronyd startup issues

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 00:06 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> When my system boots up it starts chronyd.  The problem is that it seems
> to not have (or find) a network connection at the time, so it comes up
> in offline mode.  If I restart it then everything is fine. Otherwise,
> the box gradually loses time.  Since I rarely reboot my system I always
> forget that I need to restart chronyd.  What do I need to do to get it
> to start up in online mode?

Edit /etc/chrony/chrony.conf and remove the 'offline' directives?

That's what I have in my system setup notes, unfortunately, as I've
already done that I'm not 100% sure where they exist in the default conf
file, but I assume it's pretty obvious otherwise I would have been
clearer in my notes to myself :-)

--
Tixy