Re: how to remove ? directory

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, lina wrote:

ls: cannot access .gvfs: Permission denied

d?????????   ? ?    ?          ?            ? .gvfs

a# rm -rf .gvfs
rm: cannot remove `.gvfs': Is a directory

any advice, I think the .gvfs being introduced long time ago when I
tried to mount the iphone.

Thanks ahead for your advice,

Best regards,

I saw the same thing on my Slackware box at home recently. gvfs stands for GNOME Virtual File System. It seems that the file in question is the mount point for it. I successfully deleted the file, but it was recreated the next time XFCE ran, so at this point, I'm merely excluding it from backups.

John L. Ries              |
Salford Systems           |
Phone: (619)543-8880 x107 |
or     (435)867-8885      |