Re: Connecting Debian to Android phone

Hi,

Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com> writes:

> On 26 Jan 2014 12:54, "Csanyi Pal" <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:
>
>     > On 01/25/2014 04:35 PM Csanyi Pal wrote:
>     >> Hi,
>     >>
>     >> I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini mobile phone with
>     my Debian
>     >> SID desktop system through an USB cable to transfer files from
>     phone to
>     >> Debian system. How can I do that?
>     >>
>     >> I have installed on the phone the KDE Connect application, and
>     on the
>     >> Debian Dekstop the kdeconnect debian package, but don't know
>     how to use
>     >> them?
>     >>
>     >
>     > For quite a while I've been doing this with a free app from
>     google
>     > play called Software Data Cable... except what's nicer is that
>     no USB
>     > cable is necessary. SDC sets up an ftp server on the phone and
>     then
>     > the files are transferred (in either direction) between my phone
>     and
>     > computer over the local network wirelessly. It's not the method
>     you
>     > asked about, but I thought you might be interested nonetheless.
>
>     Indeed, it's not the method I asked about.

> Have you tried go-mtpfs?

Yes, but when I'm trying to install it on Debian SID, I get the
following bugreport, so I'm not installing it:

Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
grave bugs of mtpfs (→ 1.1-4.1) <Outstanding>
 #654939 - mtpfs: broken overnight
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]

I choose here the 'n' option.

--
Regards from Pal