Re: Connecting Debian to Android phone

On 01/25/2014 04:35 PM Csanyi Pal wrote:
Hi,

I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini mobile phone with my Debian
SID desktop system through an USB cable to transfer files from phone to
Debian system. How can I do that?

I have installed on the phone the KDE Connect application, and on the
Debian Dekstop the kdeconnect debian package, but don't know how to use
them?

For quite a while I've been doing this with a free app from google play called Software Data Cable... except what's nicer is that no USB cable is necessary. SDC sets up an ftp server on the phone and then the files are transferred (in either direction) between my phone and computer over the local network wirelessly. It's not the method you asked about, but I thought you might be interested nonetheless.