Re (3): POP3 softwares.

From:	Osamu Aoki <osamu_aoki_home@nifty.com>
Date:	Sun, 26 Jan 2014 01:08:44 +0900
> If qpopper can do it via locking why not make your local MUA to
> do the same.

The MUA lacks locking.  I would have to write it.

> maildrop package comes with lockmail for such need.  (I suspect procmail
> comes with similar util.)  You just have to use such thing.

maildrop or procmail would solve the POP3 requirement.  stunnel is a
more general solution available to other protocols.  As mentioned
in the previous message, once stunnel is working the MUA can SMTP in
Stunnel directly to the remote MTA.  If eventually I can remove exim,
so much the better.

> Also, use of maildir format instead of mbox avoids locking issue.

The MUA understands mbox and not maildir.

Regards,                   ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202  http://carnot.yi.org/