Re: gambas3 does not work in Sid

On 2014-01-24, sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get this:
>
> $ gambas3
>
> ** Oops! Internal error! **
> ** Cannot find interface of library 'gb.geom'
> ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.geom': cannot find component
> ** Program aborting. Sorry! :-(
> ** Please send a bug report at gambas@users.sourceforge.net
>
> I sent the bugreport and the answer was:
>
> Debian sid packages are corrupted as far as I know (I'm not a Debian
> user). Please ask on the mailing-list where you can find correct
> packages.
>

> Hope someone did find out.
>
> Thanks!

Ran into this problem yesterday myself.
I solved it by downloading the gambas3-runtime-3.5.2-1-<your-arch>.pkg.tar.xz
file from:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/gambas3-runtime/
if architecture is i686, or
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/gambas3-runtime/
if architecture is x86_64.
extracted the contents of the package and copied the below files
located along path in extract directory location,

/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.geom.la
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.geom.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.geom.so.0
/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.geom.so

to the /usr/lib/gambas3 sub-directory on my system
and the problem was solved.