apt-get dist-upgrade on shutdown ?

apt-get upgrade seems to have less "reboot requiring" updates.

There ought be a way to schedule a dist-upgrade, to occur the next
time I shutdown my computer - not on hibernate/suspend or even logout
(I work on cmd line here and there).

Doing a dist-upgrade right when I'm shutting the machine down, is
usually the most convenient time for me (before bedtime or whatever),
and so this ought be an easy thing to automate/achieve (as an option
at least).

Another reason to do so, if one is normally in a gui, and running sid,
is that sometimes gui packages break with an upgrade and a logout at
least is required. Sometimes a reboot is required.

TIA
Zenaan