Re: Debian Users list - signal to noise... is this normal?

On 20140120_105413, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 1/20/14, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sat 18 Jan 2014 at 09:31:21 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
> >
> >> If this garbage OT crap ('sad but true Linux sucks', and 'Hey Humans
>
> > It is not frequent but it does occur.
>
> > It happens; you live through it. You don't need a moderator as a crutch.
>
> > Build your kill file if you must. Then think about what ethos -user
> > should have and whether your file promotes it.
> >
> > And dwell on what you will do when the next Jarth Berilcosm comes along.
> > They are easy to recognise (think of phishing) and easy to ignore.
>
> OMG, sanity! Thank you Brian (and others similarly).
>
> (... when I was young, we didn't even have kill-files
>  ... this one time, there was, like, this mailing thread
>  ... ok, ok, I go home now :)

This was/is not at all normal. The list has tended to swing into OT crazyness
during the pre-release freeze. When this started, I thought, for a while,
that the freeze had been announced, but that is still many moons in the
future.

Oh, well. The world turns....

--
Paul E Condon