Re: Problem creating iso for a USB stick

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

> > See my previous mail. Made it work with xorriso 1.3.4. Do you still
> > want me to go ahead and do what you wrote below?
>
> We could be curious and leave out the options
>
>   -eltorito-alt-boot -e boot/grub/efi.img -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat

Correcting myself:

Option
  -isohybrid-apm-hfsplus
should be omitted too, in this case.

So I took out the following: -eltorito-alt-boot -e boot/grub/efi.img -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat -isohybrid-apm-hfsplus

which basically left me with the original command and, surprise, it worked! So it is indeed xorriso that is in Debian stable that has an issue (given that with my manually compiled xorriso it works). I will have a look in the bugs database if there already is a bug for this issue and if not I will create one.

But I do have to say that I find it a bit disingenuous from the Debian devs that they create the stable iso with a xorriso that's not in Debian stable. But maybe it's a known issue, I will take a look.

Many thanks Thomas, you were great! If you need me to do anything else to help with this issue, please let me know.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas