Re: Zimbra mail........

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:00:50 +1100
Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:52:18 +0100 Atle Solbakken sent:
>
> > Den 16. jan. 2014 23:38, skrev Charlie:
> > > [09:28:38] POP3> USER snug@ipstarmail.com.au
> >
> > Are you sure about using the full email address as username? Maybe
> > you should just use 'snug' ?

On the main account, which works and has no problems, the entire email
address is used.

But I will give your suggestion a try, because I'm ready to try
anything.

Just tried your suggestion and the same error message.

> > > [09:28:39] POP3> PASS ********
> > Maybe the server doesn't support unencrypted passwords.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Atle

Thanks Atle, but again, on the account that works, the main account
the password is not encrypted.

The people at the ISP suggest I try Windows Live mail, recommend it in
fact.

But as I have explained to them my main account works, no worries, so
why should the other two not do so with all the same settings? It has
to be at their end not mine, but they don't know.

Before this I'd never heard of Zimbra mail?

Thanks for your suggestions, it's much appreciated

Be well,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with
	another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a
	long time before they get off. .........Henry David Thoreau