Re: Samsung CLX4195SN and the Samsung Unified Linux Driver on Debian

On 01/14/2014 06:03 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Debian Wheezy, stock kernel, ULD tarball downloaded from the Samsung
> website and compiled.
>
> I am getting the following error message:
> <quote>
> The components listed below are necessary for proper Unified Linux
> Driver operation. Click Cancel now, install these components from
> your Linux distribution CD-ROM or from Linux vendor Web site and then
> run Unified Linux Driver Installer again.
> You may click Install Anyway to continue installation, but the result
> would be unpredictable.
> Please click Help for explanations.
>
> - SANE - "Scanner Access Now Easy" - scanner API
> </quote>
I have a Samsung CLP-315W and... I got the same error message. I ended
up removing the smartpanel, because it won't work on a printer that is
NOT directly attached ( mine is wireless).  I used the
http://localhost:631/admin/ administration method.

--
Paul Cartwright