Re: Modified conffile not detected on package upgrade

Am 11.01.2014 14:15, schrieb Brian:
> You could do
>
>    apt-get --reinstall install -o Dpkg::Options::"--force-confask" <package>
>
> to force a conffile prompt.
>
> What happens?

I'm being asked which version of the configuration file I would like to
see used. Great. Your suggestion also helped me to discover how to get
some debugging output by specifying something like

    apt-get --reinstall install -o Dpkg::Options::="--debug=200" <pkg>

> BTW, what is the package?

Its an VDR addon named lifeguard that keeps VDR from shutting down the
machine, e.g. if someone is logged in.