Re: USB keyboard: what driver(s)?

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I have a Bus 004 Device 002: ID 047b:0011 Silitek Corp. SK-1688U Keyboard that works perfectly.
But not with the mondorescue DVD. So I need to find out what modules are needed for that keyboard to function. How do I do that?
Thanks!

when I do a 'lsusb -t' I see for that device:

:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-pci/6p, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M

So the modules needed are ohci-pci and usbhid. Is that right?

​I would think that is right.​

​It is odd that such a normal keyboard should have issues.

If the mondorescue dvd uses​ Xorg, you also need the X driver, normally evdev (and evdev in the kernel)

You say it does not work, how so? Do numlock etc lights toggle? Do any other keys work? If it is graphical, can you get to the terminal and does it work there?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers