Re: going mad - starting jackd starts pulseaudio

On 1/9/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 1/9/14, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you are going to use/test jackd as your primary audio server you will
>> need to have a look a this sooner or later
>> http://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge
>
> Thank you very much. Very useful information.

This worked well for me btw. Step 1 successfully achieved - route
(most) software through jack - with snd-aloop alsa loop driver.

Next (but not right now) is a nice pulseaudio-like gui with per-app
auto-mixer-strip creation auto-jackd-routing. I still don't understand
why pulse could not have just been some extra software working with
jackd. I guess I'll have to get back to programming at some point. My
first step would probably be a proof-of-concept in Java, since that's
what I have some experience in. Anyway, all postulation for now...

Thanks all,
Zenaan