Re: going mad - starting jackd starts pulseaudio

If you are going to use/test jackd as your primary audio server you will need to have a look a this sooner or later
http://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge

/r

2014/1/9 Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net>
On 1/9/14, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Perhaps it's restarted by D-Bus, disable jack dbus

No, that was well and truly taken care of by me - killall is my friend

> Setup... > Misc > [ ] Enable D-Bus interface

- along with disabling the dbus option in qjackctl of course :)

> However, I don't know what is the correct way to disable pulseaudio, I
> simply don't install it or replace it by a dummy package.

Disabling pulseaudio's auto-spawn feature in /etc/pulse/client.conf
did the trick for me - I didn't even though the file existed until
strace showed me.

> Those ways might or might not work:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/8425/how-to-temporarily-disable-pulseaudio

Thanks. Looks like a useful link. I saw pasuspender earlier today, but
haven't tried it yet. Anyway, I foudn a solution that works...