Re: ISDN call logging

Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> writes:

> Are you able to install your "stable" OS (Debian, Linux 2.4 kernel) on
> the newer hardware perhaps?

No, that's not an option.  The intention is to replace the old server
(Linux 2.4, not Debian) by the new server (new hardware, Debian
jessie).  Almost all services, i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP, mail, news, and
$HOMEs + NFS, have already been migrated to the new server.  In
addition, a few VMs run on that new server, which couldn't be done
with the old Linux 2.4 system.  The only thing left on the old machine
is ISDN logging.

I also considered moving the old server to the new machine as a VM
with PCI passthrough for the ISDN card.  This also failed, AFAICT,
because the BIOS doesn't support it.

> Don't know if it's relevant, but I've played around with FreeSwitch -
> freeswitch.org

Looks interesting, but not for this problem.

urs