[OT] non technical Q: bad or worse. Was: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

On Wednesday 01 January 2014 22:31:58 Charlie wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:59:36 +1100 Scott Ferguson sent:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Less worse. You meant less worse. :)
>
> <snip>
>
> Yes, less worse.

Sorry I got this honest question 'cause I'm not a native English
speaker and what is worse: I don't live in an English speaking country
what means that some colloquialisms are well over my head. I do not
intend to nitpick.

I found "less worse" somewhat funny. Is that part of modern English?
I learned "not as bad as" but English changed so much since then and
"not as bad as" does not seem to convey the same shade of meaning as
"less worse".

I found this article:

http://business.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/22/now-the-less-worse-economy-looks-good/

Is that special biz speak of Hong Kong? T'isnt Scots innit?

Eike