Re: libxml warnings while upgrading squeeze -> wheezy

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 12:52:23PM +0200, Itay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During the upgrade I got many times the following warning:
>
> 	program compiled against libxml 208 using older 207
>
> Shooting in the dark I did:
>
> # aptitude show libxml2
> Package: libxml2
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Multi-Arch: same
> Version: 2.8.0+dfsg1-7+nmu2
>
> I have no idea what is libxml so I don't even no if I was looking at
> the right place.
> And can't figure out the correspondence between 'libxml 208' and the
> version number shown by aptitude.  (If there is any.)
>
> Should I be concerned?

I remember seeing this as well when upgrading one of my machines from
squeeze to wheezy. After the upgrade however, all seems to be
well. Based on my experience, I would say don't worry about it, but I
do stand to be corrected as always.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net