Re: apt-get aptitude dependencies purge

Le 31.10.2013 17:38, Sven Joachim a écrit :
On 2013-10-31 13:42 +0100, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 31.10.2013 13:12, Tom H a écrit :

Set 'Aptitude::Keep-Suggests "false";' in "/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/" and
check whether the behavior changes.

Just did the change:
I added a file name "/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/keep_suggests" which contains
the line you gave. Nothing changes in behavior, if I make mpd
automatically installed, it is not removed. In things depending on
mpd, only mpc and ncmpcpp suggests it. It also says it enhances
mpc. There are no installed packages which recommends or depends on
mpd.

I also tried with APT::Keep-Suggests, just in case, but still no
changes. Are you sure that this option exists? I can not find any
documentation about it, only random threads here and there, but no
real documentation. I am probably not searching the good place, so
could you give me a hint about where to search? I'm really interested
by such kind of options.

I found the right option in the apt changelog, it's called
APT::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant.

,----
| apt (0.8.15.3) unstable; urgency=low
| [...]
|   * apt-pkg/depcache.cc:
|     - change default of APT::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant to true
|
|  -- Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>  Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:04:43 +0200
`----

So the default behavior has indeed changed in Wheezy.

And for aptitude there is this in the Debian changelog:

,----
| aptitude (0.5.9rc1-1) experimental; urgency=low
|
|   * New upstream release.
|   [...]
|     - Document that the "standard" apt options
|       Apt::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant and
| Apt::AutoRemove::RecommendsImportant should be used instead of
|       Aptitude::Keep-Suggests and Aptitude::Keep-Recommends.
|
| -- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> Tue, 08 Sep 2009 21:23:11 -0700
`----

I can confirm that setting Aptitude::Keep-Suggests has no effect, but
setting APT::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant does.

Cheers,
       Sven

Thanks a lot for that!