Re: ANDROID (back to the OQ)

On 10/31/2013 05:26 PM Slavko wrote:
Hi,

Dňa Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:51:31 -0400 Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net>
napísal:

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere recently that
it is illegal in the United States to jailbreak a phone.
(I don't know how they'd catch you, or what the penalty would be.)

Perhaps, because this will break the backdoor(s) too? And then stop
the NSA (and similar) to spy you and your friends (via you)? :-P

Well, partly.... If you want to get on the internet or a cellular network, those are still be surveilled. There is an app called RedPhone (available on google play) from Carnegie-Mellon University which provides symmetrical encryption of a type purported to be, for all practical purposes, uncrackable, even by the billion-dollar spooks. If your keystrokes can be read, however, decryption isn't even necessary.