Re: Last line of aptitude output after full-upgrade

On Monday 05 August 2013 13:54:54 Harry Putnam wrote:
> I guess I'm having a bit of trouble seeing why that is something I
> need to know... In the context of a `Current Status' report following
> a `full-upgrade', it would seem more reasonable to mention how many pkgs
> are on my system before and after...

More interesting to you, perhaps. But not more reasonable.  As you say, it is
easy to find out how many packages you have got installed.  I don't see that
as any more erasonable than what we have.

In fact, I have always rather liked what it does.  I don't need to know how
many new packages there are, but it's quite fun.  Allows me a small glow of
pride at using so marvellous a distro. ;-)

If you had 1029 updates, I'm not surprised that upgrading took over an hour!
Sid after a fortnight's holiday? ;-)

Lisi