Reg: Mysql used instead of MariaDB

Dear Team,

I am a highly admired fan of free software movement and its philosophy. I am having a doubt in Debian 7.1 stable release about MySQL addition.

Since MariaDB has become the open source replacement for MySQL, why was MariaDB not included in the latest release? Is there any reason behind? Since now MySQL is a part of Oracle, I believe we need to move towards MariaDB and support it fully.

Kindly apologize me if I am wrong anywhere above.

Regards,
Balamurugan R