Re: dictionary package

 On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:32:35 +0800 "lina lina.lastname@gmail.com" sent
 this:

	>Do you have some manuals/tutorials for the dict, I have not
	found a way
>out from dict --help and man dict

  dict <the word> | less

There are a whole lot of additions [packages] to dict, I use most of
them and have done for years.

I recall years ago you didn't need to pipe dict through less, but have
had to do it for the last few years.

Be aware there are words that dict doesn't recognise and then I go onto
the net dictionaries/thesaurus's where I find they are. Dict covers
most American words I think, but there is some English spelling that
doesn't work. But they are few and far between.

 $ aptitude search dict | less

will find them, but I have never worried about trying to save the words
I look up, if I don't remember them just dict them again.

Hope that helps
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Nature makes no mistakes. In such a universe, a decision which
	results in one's death, is not a mistake. It is simply a way of
	dying at the right moment. ------------Alan Watts