Re: Sound But No CD Sound - No Solution But Alternatives Work

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 09:15:35AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> My system is Wheezy.
> ogg123 plays ogg files perfectly with sound.
> workbone plays the cd but there is no sound.
> cdir lists the tracks on the cd.

A lot of interesting suggestions were made but nothing solved the
problem.  Both workbone and cdplay apparently work but no sound.
Alsamixer has no cd slider.

Still the problem can be avoided.  I leaned that Rhythmbox which I had
never used can in fact play the cd with sound.  Also jack can rip the cd
while making a FreeDB query and label the ogg files correctly.

Aside from a browser I do most of my work with terminals so I will miss
workbone.  Still I am confident with some update in the future the
problem will be resolved.

For the present I have wasted too much time on this issue.