Re: Email suggestions

On 07/06/13 04:22, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 6/6/2013 8:43 PM, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
From:    Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>
Date:    Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:15:38 -0400
... if they go on two weeks vacation and easily have
their mailbox fill up.  Then email would be lost.

I'd take the flash card and a laptop.  Inevitably there
are opportunities to update the flash.  While adjusting
the helm there is plenty of time to compose replies.

Believe it or not, there are actually companies who don't want their
people to even think about work while on vacation.  And there are people
who follow that advice.

*    From: Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com>
*    Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 08:59:37 +0100
Except if you are in a corporate environment, where data security is
an issue.

Does POP3+flash impair security more than IMAP+flash?
Few employers prevent employees from bringing flash media.
A dishonest or mischievous employee will ignore rules.
Even if portable storage is eliminated, a display can be photographed.

An employer is likely to lose more than is gained by trying to
prohibit portable storage.  Better to aim to attract good employees
and to stay on good terms than to try to force conformance and obedience.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

I never indicated security was a problem.

But thanks for the input.

Sorry for having gone off topic, my concern would have been with losing the flash stick rather than deliberately using it to "smuggle" confidential data out.

--
Klaus