Re: Sound But No CD Sound - Pulseaudio Problem?

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:14:00 -0400
"Thomas H. George" <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 09:15:35AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > My system is Wheezy.
> > ogg123 plays ogg files perfectly with sound.
> > workbone plays the cd but there is no sound.
> > cdir lists the tracks on the cd.
> >
> Could this be a pulseaudio problem?  Something wrong in my setup?  In
> /etc/fstab I have /dev/sr0	/cdrom iso9550,ro,user,noauto.  The
> command cdplay like workbone starts reading the CD but no sound.
> Perhaps the signal is being redirected to nowhere?

That's possible. I had problems with sound when pulseaudio was
installed by recommends at one time. I removed pulseaudio and all was
well again. On my current setup with xfce there is no puleaudio and I
have no problems with sound.

libpulse0 and libpulse-mainloop-glib0 are installed but all is well.