RE: Email suggestions

Hi,

>>> sure they create archive mail folders AND move the mail to those
>>> folders once the mail is read.... you will end up with mail on the
>>> server.
>>
>> Yes, and that's what concerns me.  I don't know exactly how my users
>> manage their inboxes.  If they're as bad as I am, the required space
>> can easily get out of hand :)
>>
> You could enforce a quota policy. Dovecot implements it, and it looks quite easy to setup:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota

I do not know if dovecot can do it but this is one place where the Exchange server has a good way of dealing with it.
It has 2 qouta levels. The first will prevent you from sending any more mails until you clean up your mailbox but.... it will still allow you to receive mail. So you will not lose any mail. The second level will also stop receiving mails, which is usually there to make sure that there IS a limit to the mailbox, at work we have it set at double the first limit.
Exchange (which we use at work) is not my favorite mailserver in many cases but this is one feature that I really like.

Bonno Bloksma