Re: KVM time synchronisation - how to set default offset

2013/6/5 Jean-Marc <jean-marc@6jf.be>:
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:50:15 +0200, Redalert Commander
> <redalert.commander@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm using KVM (with the virt-manager GUI) on a Debian laptop to test
>> various setups.
>> I noticed that the time of these guests is not set up correctly, there
>> is a 2 hour time difference (I'm on CEST, or GMT+2)
>>
>> The solution is to change the offset from UTC to localtime in the
>> virtual machine properties.
>> Is there some location where I can change the default? As I frequently
>> set up virtual machines, this gets a bit annoying.
>
> To change/configure the local timezone, use
>
> dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

Thanks for the suggestion, but I found the error.
I was almost filing a bug report against libvirt, since I noticed it
started around
the time I upgraded that package from wheezy to current sid.
However that is around the same time I started using kickstart for
RHEL-base guests,
I just forgot to add '--utc' to the 'timezone' setting.

[...]