Re: goodbye-microsoft.com Install?

On 6/3/13, Kailash Kalyani <listskailash@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried the install a couple of days ago on my laptop. I got an offer to
> resize
> my windows partition. Can't recall getting an option to install inside the
> NTFS partition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I *believe* how goodbye-microsoft works
is that it installs a very minimal debian-installer OS (just enough to
boot the installer) in a file in Windows (just like how Wubi would
install all of Ubuntu in one file, but smaller). Then, you can boot to
that file using the Windows bootloader and install the rest of the
system normally (maybe it moves the whole installer into RAM upon boot
so you can repartition the disks?).

--
Harry Prevor