Re: Dangerously high Load_Cycle_Count on my Thinkpad T61 Hitachi drive

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_hard_drive_clicking

> 2) What should I do to attempt to preserve whatever life it has left?
> hdparm -B 254/255? Anything else?

You need to issue that hdparm every time the box had any reason to change
power policy to be sure it stuck.  So make sure to reissue it when waking
up, and when AC power is connected/disconnected.

  Henrique Holschuh