Re: wheezy upgrade: apt-get wants squeeze CD but fails to recognise drive

On Du, 02 iun 13, 07:21:44, arbeit32@gmail.com wrote:
> 3. Checked /etc/fstab: yes, there is a /media/cdrom in there.

Please post the complete line

> 4. Checked /dev: no, there is no /dev/scd0 in there.

The device name might be different. Do you have a /dev/cdrom? It should
be symlinked to the correct device (possibly /dev/sr0 or so).

If you still can't identify it post the output of 'ls /dev/s*'

> 2. Shouldn't there be a /dev/scd0 for udevd to symlink link with
> /media/cdrom?

/media/cdrom is not symlinked to the device name, it is the mount point.

> 3. If so, then assuming I can just create one, how do I do that?

If the device node is not created automatically then you have other
problems (possibly hardware), but I suspect the device name has changed.

If I'm correct it should be enough to adjust your fstab to have a line
like this:

/dev/cdrom      /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

Kind regards,
Andrei