Re: roundcube blank screen after apache upgrade

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Brad Alexander:

> I am having a problem with my roundcube installation since I upgraded my
> sid box 2 days ago. It's probably a simple fix, but I'm hoping some web
> guru can help me find it. Apache2 was upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.4.4, and
> apparently there were a goodly number of changes.

Yes. Apache 2.4 has an almost completely new config file format. I
imagine the Apache config provided by Roundcube (you installed roundcube
using apt?) has not been adapted yet.

Probably not, since the version in jessie/sid is 0.7.2. Latest on the site is 0.9.1, and even experimental only has 0.8.6. There is a bug on this, #669804...They said they were going to wait until after the release of apache 2.4, so hopefully it will be soon.

> Once I found this problem, I started getting 403 Forbidden errors. The root
> cause of this turned out to be the change of syntax in the config files
> from Allow from all/Deny from all to Require all granted/Require all
> denied. I fixed these, so now, I'm getting a blank page, and nothing in the
> apache2 error log.

Did you increase Roundcube's debug level in /etc/roundcube/main.inc.php?

I did. Still nothing in the roundcube/errors log file nor in the apache2/error.log.

--b

J.
--
I wish I had been aware enough to enjoy my time as a toddler.
[Agree]   [Disagree]