Re: Apache won't process SSI

On 5/21/2013 10:20 AM, Carl Fink wrote:
> I have Apache 2 running on my squeeze (v6)-based server. As part of a
> project I need to enable server-side includes (SSI). I followed the HOWTO
> here:
>
> http://www.linuxtopia.org/HowToGuides/apache_ssi.html
>
> I included the +Includes, AddType and AddHandler directives and restarted
> Apache ... SSI directives (e.g. #include) are completely ignored.
>
> I know Apache2 is reading the +Includes for the simple reason that I typoed
> it and got a complaint on startup (in error.log) until I fixed it.
>
> So any suggestions?

Two things -

Did you follow check Richard's advice in his response to your previous asking of this question? Since you have the AddHandler in a <IfModule mod_mime.c> block, you also need the mime module loaded. What do you have in your /etc/apache2/mods-enabled directory?

Are you using .shtml as the extension to your file?

--
Remove the "x" from my email address