Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

On Fri, 10 May 2013, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Mi, 08 mai 13, 15:31:54, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > Partitioning isn't the problem.  It's space.  The HD is only 12GB.
> > I have 2.8GB for W2k, 256MB for swap, and about 8.5 left for Linux.
> > Three primary partitions.  The problem is the Windows partition
> > where I'd put the Debian ISO file only has about 500MB (maybe less)
> > free.  So, I guess, a net-install-sized ISO is my only option.
>
> Take the mini.iso ;)

I think goodbye-microsoft.com is the way to go.  It downloads all
necessary files for the installation directly from the appropriate
repository on the fly, kinda the way Gentoo does with their binary
install. Very little Linux stuff is actually stored on the Windows
partition.

Have to run a test in a VM first before doing it for real.