Re: The order of my SATA and PATA are switching all the time

On Wed, 08 May 2013 21:21:13 -0400 (EDT), Tong wrote:

> All I was asking is what the working *syntax* for the
> root="ID=ata-IBM-DBCA-203240_HP0HPL43952" part.

You can't use ID with root.  With boot, you can, but not
with root.  Not if you want a driver-independent and
discover-order-independent root file system specification.
As I've said several times, it's UUID or LABEL.  Period.
It's all in the web page I referenced in my original post
on this thread.  Read the web page.  It's all there.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :